This page contains information for journalists wishing to write about Operation:
About Red Redemption
Red Redemption are a social venture, a games company dedicated exclusively to making smart games with a strong learning aspect in climate change, sustainability and developmental issues. Red Redemption are the world's leading games company in climate change.
So far in 2007 Red Redemption have launched four major climate change projects as part of their socially aware games brand Makes You Think:
- Climate Challenge (with the BBC and the Environmental Change Institute at Oxford University), a climate change strategy game aimed at 20-35 year olds. Climate Challenge was used by the World Economic Forum in the run-up to DAVOS 2007 for training executives in risk management. Climate Challenge has received over 500,000 unique plays since launch in January 2007. You can play the game here
- Operation: Climate Control (with the Department of the Environment) a scenarios-based climate change game for 15-16 year olds and designed for use in the classroom with a teacher.
- Trouble Shooter! (with EDF Energy), a simple and fun retro-arcade game to accompany an energy efficiency road show for corporate clients. Launches 5th July. The game can be played here
- The Oxfordshire ClimateXChange Community Portal (with the Environmental Change Institute at Oxford University) designed to motivate, engage and support the local community in climate change. Launched in March 2007, it has become a leading site in the UK for climate change. Visit the ClimateX site here
Red Redemption are partnered with the Environmental Change Institute of Oxford University and the UK Department of the Environment and are fortunate enough to have Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) scientists as games advisors, and to further ensure scientific rigor, Red Redemption have a fulltime in-house climate scientist. We follow up all of our projects with indepth research on their effectiveness, for example a MSc master's thesis was produced by the Oxford University Environmental Change Institute examining the effectiveness of our Climate Challenge game. Read the thesis here
Red Redemption are also an award-winning company, and have won government awards from the Department of the Environment "Climate Challenge Fund" and the Department of Trade and Industry "Smart Innovation Award".
Visit Red Redemption's website here.
About Stone Ashdown
Stone Ashdown's vision is of a society where all its citizens enjoy equality and human rights, where diversity is valued and there is dialogue between different races and faiths.
Stone Ashdown will use its resources and expertise to support the development of projects that support our vision of an equal and just society, and will nurture, encourage and support projects that promote equality, human rights and dialogue.
Stone Ashdown acts as:
- An umbrella body for trusts and projects.
- A development agency that encourages grass roots initiatives.
- An infrastructure body that supports and builds the capacity of the Black and minority ethnic voluntary and community sector.
Visit Stone Ashdown's website here.